ClarkeKann is a boutique Commercial law firm with CBD offices. We enjoy a collaborative and friendly culture and recognise that it is our dedicated and happy team that gives us the edge. We are all about achieving the best result and contribution at all levels is encouraged and valued.
An exciting opportunity exists for an organised, energetic legal administrator in our Sydney CBD office. The role encompasses all aspects of legal administration, and is integral to the growth and development of a strong commercial legal practice in the Sydney market.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting partners/producers to meet our clients’ objectives by ensuring work flows effectively and efficiently and deadlines are met;
- Opening new clients and matters through our practice management system Affinity;
- Preparation, formatting and compilation of complex legal documents;
- Preparation of draft billing leading up to end of month, cheque requisitions/deposits and other accounts related tasks;
- Physical and digital file management;
- Diary management and reimbursements for Partners and Producers;
- Submit online Searches (eg SAI Global/InfoTrack) as instructed;
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders by phone and in person;
- Photocopying and/or binding documents when required; and
- Relief reception as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2+ years legal administration experience (within a corporate environment);
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), including advanced document formatting, using Styles and Tracked Changes;
- Minimum 70wpm typing speed;
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Adobe Acrobat;
- Ability to troubleshoot IT/software issues;
- Experience with programs such as Affinity, FileSite and Softdocs would be advantageous but not essential.
- A high attention to detail;
- A professional and clear communication style;
- Professional appearance conducive to a corporate services environment;
- Ability to exercise confidentiality at all times;
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new systems efficiently;
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritise.
To apply, please attach your CV and cover letter in Word of PDF format.
Applications close 5:00pm Friday, 1 March 2019.