Property & Projects
- Advised Singaporean investment consortium on site acquisition and redevelopment of commercial & agricultural property project. Documentation prepared included development agreements, loan facility and construction documentation.
- Advised a German based engineering company in its tender bid for major engineering refurbishment for the Sydney Opera House and in related negotiations.
- Advised hospital owners on a joint venture and medical centre developments in Sydney and Melbourne. Prepared stakeholder agreements and documentation required for the development, leasing, easements and side deeds.
- Acted for private investment consortium in acquisition of a shopping centre in Parramatta and in on-going advice on retail and commercial leases for the centre.
- Advised logistics company on industrial lease for logistics and distribution centre in Chullora.
- Acted for developer client in its dispute against a vendor in Supreme Court proceedings regarding a development site Wollongong.
- Acted for local government in negotiations with a mining company over its mining licence and the securitisation of the licence.
- Prepared and negotiated construction, procurement and service contracts for local governments ranging from contracts for the reconstruction of war monuments, public street lighting infrastructure, waste services and major road works.
- Acted for a local government in its negotiations with Sydney Airport Corporation concerning rating assessments for $100m+ on the commercial and industrial land comprising Sydney Airport and the service agreements for the maintenance of the runways.
- Acted for a local government in NSW Ombudsman enquires, Office of Local Government dealings.
- Advised NSW statutory entity on operation of heritage agreement with City of Sydney Council for the purposes of development.
- Acted for local government against a builder and architect for defective works and project management negligence.
- Advised local government client on operation of waste services agreements and contract re-negotiation issues with waste collection providers and materials recycling facilities following changes to the international market and the introduction of the container deposit scheme.
Areas of expertise
Greg leads the firm’s real estate and projects team. His expertise covers negotiations and preparing all types of documentation necessary for project due diligence, acquisitions and sales, joint venture agreements, structuring, development agreements, leases, licences, easements, commercial agreements and project delivery. With in-depth industry knowledge, he anticipates his client’s needs and combines technical expertise with commercial nous to deliver exceptional outcomes for property projects.
Greg’s practice has particular focus on the government sector. He advises government clients on property and projects, project disputes, and in matters of administrative law. Greg understands the high degree of accountability and scrutiny faced by the sector.
Awards and recognition
Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year awards:
- Finalist (Real Estate) 2019, 2020
- Finalist (Government) 2018, 2019, 2020