Examples of High Profile and Significant Cases:
- American Diagnostica Inc v Gradipore Ltd (1998) 44 NSWLR 312 (patent infringement, confidential information, misappropriation of trade secrets, international arbitration under UNCITRAL rules)
- Mark Silbermann v CGU Insurance Limited; John Huyshe Greaves v CGU Insurance Limited; John David Rich v CGU Insurance Limited; One.Tel Limited (In Liq) v Rich & Ors (2004) 48 ACSR 231 (civil penalty proceedings, D&O Insurance; directors duties)
- ASIC v Rich & Ors (2005) 50 ACSR 500 (duties of Chair of board of listed company, civil penalties under Corporations. Act)
- Rivkin Financial Services Ltd v Sofcom Ltd (2004) 51 ACSR 486; (2005) 23 ACLC 42 (hostile take over bid, insider trading)
- Re HIH Casualty and General Insurance Limited (2005) 56 ACSR 295 (Scheme of Arrangement)
- Martin John Green in his Capacity as Liquidator of Arimco Mining Pty Limited (in liquidation) v CGU Insurance Limited & Ors (2005) 23 ACLC 545 (directors duties, D&O Insurance)
- R v Fodera  NSWSC 1194 (misleading prospectus, Corporations Act, duties of finance director of a listed entity)
- Regina (Commonwealth) v Fodera  NSWSC 1242 (re-insurance treaties, duties of a finance director of a listed entity)
- Ingot Capital Investments & Ors v Macquarie Equity Capital Markets & Ors [No. 6] (2007) 63 ACSR 1 (capital raising, misleading or deceptive conduct, liability in respect of issue of prospectus, duties of due diligence committee)
- Ingot Capital Investment & Ors v Macquarie Equity Capital Markets & Ors  NSWCA 206 (appeal from first instance decision)
- Commissioner of Taxation v De Martin and Gasparini Pty Ltd  FCA 286 (challenge to the validity of a garnishee notice issued by the Commissioner of Taxation)
- In the matter of RUS Holdings (Australia) Pty Limited  NSWSC 1075 (shareholder oppression; statutory derivative action)
- Alceon Group Pty Ltd v Rose  NSWSC 868 (proceedings involving a successful challenge to a guarantee and mortgage)
- Shub v Mon Purse Pty Ltd  NSWSC 1187 (construction of shareholders agreement)
- Quantum Service and Logistics Pty Ltd v Schenker Australia Pty Ltd  NSWSC 2 (restraint of trade)
Areas of expertise
Chris Kintis leads ClarkeKann’s litigation and dispute resolution practice.
A skilled dispute strategist, commercial and litigation lawyer known for his commercial acumen, Chris acts as a valued advisor to clients in a broad range of complex legal disputes.
He has a strong background in corporation’s law, director’s duties, regulatory compliance and investigation, insurance, financial services and insolvency.
In addition to his considerable litigation experience gained throughout his 20-year career, Chris has particular expertise in mediation, dispute containment and alternate dispute resolution methods, with the ability to resolve many cases without proceeding to a Court hearing.
He works closely with clients to achieve the best commercial outcome and solutions that save time, money and avoid the disruption and stress that can arise from business disputes.
Chris has supported and advised clients in a number of significant cases and investigations, with extensive experience representing clients in proceedings brought by ASIC, the Commonwealth DPP and investigations by the Independent Commission against Corruption. Notable cases include One.Tel, HIH Insurance and NewCap Reinsurance Corporation.
Additional areas of legal expertise include:
- Building and Construction
- Real Estate disputes
- Employment disputes
- Consumer law
- Contract disputes
- Shareholder, partnership and joint venture disputes
- Professional Negligence
- White collar crime