ClarkeKann is a boutique Commercial law firm located in Sydney CBD. Founded on a culture of authenticity, ClarkeKann commits to our people and encourages and values contribution at all levels. We enjoy a collaborative and friendly culture and recognise that it is our bright, dedicated and engaged team that gives us the edge. Clever thinking, flexibility and a passion for practical business minded solutions inform every aspect of our work as we tackle each new challenge with our clients’ commercial objectives foremost in mind. We do specialised work for quality clients and are all about achieving the best result through helping our clients make the right decisions and grow in what can be a challenging business environment and regularly work with high net worth and entrepreneurial clients in all aspects of their business as trusted advisors. This approach has led to numerous long standing relationships and allowed us to partner with many of our clients throughout their evolution from small business to successful enterprise. The most recent example of this being the sale by one of our clients of its business for in excess of $150 million – a business we have assisted with complex commercial, compliance and financial services requirements since its inception over 10 years ago.
About the Role
Promising direct partner mentoring, ongoing professional development and access to a diverse client base, this is a role for an experienced Banking & Finance Lawyer with 8+ years’ experience seeking to fulfil their career aspirations. With our growing practice of high quality work and loyal clients this role provides a unique opportunity for the right candidate to progress to a partnership role.
The successful applicant will work predominantly with Miles Anderson, Partner (Financial Services), leading the team and mentoring junior staff. You will have direct access to clients across a broad range of industries and organisations and take control of complex matters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead lawyer on structured finance transactions acting for financiers and borrowers;
- Drafting pro forma loan and security documentation for financial institutions;
- Advising on security enforcement;
- Advising managed investment schemes on compliance issues;
- Capital raisings through debt, mezzanine or quasi equity facilities;
- Corporate governance issues;
- Provide advice to financial institutions on various regulatory, documentation and enforcement issues;
- Advising on Unfair Contract Terms legislation;
- Advising on PPSA;
- Developing relationships with clients and demonstrating an ability to understand the commercial drivers of their businesses; and
- Supervision of junior lawyers.
Qualifications and Skill Base
- LLB or equivalent
- Admission as a solicitor in the relevant jurisdiction
- 8+ years experience undertaking financial services work and experience working in a Senior Associate or Special Counsel role;
- Capable of demonstrating achievement of appropriate KPIs specifically: time recording, fees billed and collected, and client maintenance;
- Establish and maintain strong professional working relationships with clients;
- Good interpersonal skills (written/verbal) with internal/external clients
- Superior legal drafting skills
- High standard of presentation and quality of work
- Adaptable, organised, reliable, responsible and focused under pressure and ability to work to changing deadlines
- Proven ability to take independent action and follow through to the end
- Exhibit and apply an unsupervised ability of understanding and operating within and responding to complex legal procedures and areas of change in law, rules and regulations.
- Ability to think commercially
- Well rounded individual
- Team player with approachable manner
- Good communicator
- Flexibility to adapt to continually evolving business needs
- Self sufficiency coupled with core time management capabilities
- Ability to review priorities and work to operational deadlines
How to Apply
If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you! To apply please use the “Apply” button or email email@example.com – all applications must include a covering letter and resume.