ClarkeKann is a boutique Commercial law firm located in Sydney CBD. Founded on a culture of authenticity, ClarkeKann commits to our people and encourages and values contribution at all levels. We enjoy a collaborative and friendly culture and recognise that it is our bright, dedicated and engaged team that gives us the edge. Clever thinking, flexibility and a passion for practical business minded solutions inform every aspect of our work as we tackle each new challenge with our clients’ commercial objectives foremost in mind. We do specialised work for quality clients and are all about achieving the best result through helping our clients make the right decisions and grow in what can be a challenging business environment and regularly work with high net worth and entrepreneurial clients in all aspects of their business as trusted advisors. This approach has led to numerous long standing relationships and allowed us to partner with many of our clients throughout their evolution from small business to successful enterprise. The most recent example of this being the sale by one of our clients of its business for in excess of $150 million – a business we have assisted with complex commercial, compliance and financial services requirements since its inception over 10 years ago.
About the Role
Promising direct partner mentoring, ongoing professional development and access to a diverse client base, this is a unique opportunity for an experienced Banking & Finance Lawyer with 3-5 years PAE and 2-3 years experience working in a Banking & Finance role to enjoy a fulfilling and interesting legal career as well as a balanced lifestyle.
The successful applicant will support Miles Anderson, Partner (Financial Services) and the Financial Services Senior Associate/Special Counsel, supervise graduates and junior lawyers and will have direct access to clients across a broad range of industries and organisations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Partner and Senior lawyers in complex structured finance transactions for financiers and borrowers;
- Lead Lawyer on bilateral mortgage backed loan facilities for financiers;
- Advising on security enforcement;
- Assisting managed investment schemes with compliance and transactional work;
- Research and preparing advices on various aspects of financial services law such as Unfair Contract Terms legislation, PPSA, Insolvency law, AML/CTF; and
- Developing relationships with clients and demonstrating an ability to understand the commercial drivers of their businesses;
Qualifications and Skill Base
- LLB or equivalent
- Admission as a solicitor in the relevant jurisdiction
- 3-5 years PAE and at least 2-3 years experience undertaking financial services work;
- Capable of demonstrating achievement of appropriate KPIs specifically: time recording, fees billed and collected, and client maintenance;
- Establish and maintain strong professional working relationships with clients;
- Good interpersonal skills (written/verbal) with internal/external clients
- Developing strong legal drafting skills
- High standard of presentation and quality of work
- Adaptable, organised, reliable, responsible and focused under pressure and ability to work to changing deadlines
- Ability to think commercially
- Well rounded individual
- Team player with approachable manner
- Good communicator
- Flexibility to adapt to continually evolving business needs
- Self sufficiency coupled with core time management capabilities
- Ability to review priorities and work to operational deadlines
How to Apply
If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you! To apply please use the “Apply” button or email email@example.com – all applications must include a covering letter and resume.