ClarkeKann is a boutique Commercial law firm located in Sydney CBD.
ClarkeKann commits to our people and encourages and values contribution at all levels. We enjoy a collaborative and friendly culture and recognise that it is our bright, dedicated and engaged team that gives us the edge. Clever thinking, flexibility and a passion for practical business minded solutions inform every aspect of our work as we tackle each new challenge with our clients’ commercial objectives foremost in mind.
We do specialised work for quality clients and are all about achieving the best result through helping our clients make the right decisions and grow in what can be a challenging business environment. We regularly work with high net worth and entrepreneurial clients in all aspects of their business as trusted advisors.
This approach has led to numerous long standing relationships and allowed us to partner with many of our clients throughout their evolution from small business to successful enterprise. The most recent example of this being the sale by one of our clients of its business for in excess of $150 million – a business we have assisted with complex commercial, compliance and financial services requirements since its inception over 10 years ago.
About the Role
We are searching for a driven, energetic and proactive lawyer to join our Property group.
Promising direct partner mentoring, ongoing professional development and access to a diverse client base, this is a unique opportunity for an experienced Senior Associate/Special Counsel to enjoy both a fulfilling and interesting legal career and a balanced lifestyle. With our growing practice of high quality work and loyal clients, this role provides a clear and direct path to partnership in a short time frame for the right candidate.
You will work closely with the Partners and play a lead role in the practice as part of a genuinely diverse and collaborative culture that values excellence, integrity, teamwork and respect for the value of the individual.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Property sales and purchases
- Put and Call options and nomination agreements
- Off the plan sales
- Commercial leasing
- Development agreements and novations, assignments
- Government property transactions (we are on the panels of a number of local councils)
- Develop relationships with clients and demonstrate an ability to understand the commercial drivers of their businesses, and
- Supervision of junior lawyers
Qualifications and Skill Base
- LLB or equivalent with at least 8 years post admission experience and admitted as a solicitor in the relevant jurisdiction
- Capable of demonstrating achievement of appropriate KPIs specifically: time recording, fees billed and collected, and client maintenance
- Establish and maintain strong professional working relationships with clients
- Good interpersonal skills (written/verbal) with internal/external clients
- Superior drafting skills
- High standard of presentation and quality of work
- Adaptable, organised, reliable, responsible and focused under pressure and ability to work to changing deadlines
- Proven ability to take independent action and follow through to the end
- Exhibit and apply an unsupervised ability of understanding and operating within and responding to legal procedures and areas of change in law, rules and regulations.
- Ability to think commercially
- Well rounded individual
- Team player with approachable manner
- Good communicator
- Flexibility to adapt to continually evolving business needs
- Self sufficiency coupled with core time management capabilities
- Ability to review priorities and work to operational deadlines
How to Apply
If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you! To apply please use the “Apply” button or email firstname.lastname@example.org – all applications must include a covering letter and resume.