- Advising creditors in relation to proof of debts including a recent application brought in the Supreme Court of NSW to set aside a liquidator’s rejection of a proof of debt, which ultimately resulted in the successful settlement of the matter.
- Advising creditors and debtors in respect of debt recovery matters including regular appearances in the Federal Magistrates Court, Federal Court and Supreme Court of NSW for both creditor’s petition matters and winding-up applications.
- Acting for a trustee in bankruptcy in the Family Court in respect of an application by the trustee to set-aside orders made in the Family Court prior to a party’s bankruptcy including the successful negotiation of a settlement of those proceedings.
- Acting for clients on, and having sole carriage of, a number of mediations and settlement conferences (both in person and via zoom) as part of the dispute resolution process undertaken in Supreme Court of Victoria proceedings including the successful settlement of many of those proceedings.
- Acting for a steel company in respect of a significant adjudication application under the Security of Payment Act resulting in a successful result following determination by the adjudicator.
- Acting for clients in respect of lease disputes, particularly concerning the obligations of tenants and landlords following the introduction of the National Code of Conduct for commercial tenancies implemented during the COVID-19 pandemic period
- Acting for property developers in respect of various option deeds including providing advice and drafting the option deed documents.
Areas of expertise
Senior Associate Nicholas Fasullo brings a unique blend of accountancy and insolvency legal expertise to ClarkeKann, having worked in both areas of practice throughout his career.
He has over eight years of experience in legal representation across a number of jurisdictions, with a proven ability to tailor solutions to all clients, regardless of size or financial capacity.
Nicholas specialises in corporate insolvencies, bankruptcy, debt recovery, property, building, construction and employment law, with significant expertise in Federal Magistrates Court, Federal Court, Supreme Court of NSW and Supreme Court of Victoria proceedings.
A strong networker and relationship-builder with colleagues and peers across the legal and insolvency industry, Nicholas acts as a trusted and skilled advisor to clients involved in a wide range of litigation and commercial disputes and in matters relating to corporate transactions, property agreements, lease disputes and shareholder issues.
He also has considerable expertise in online and in-person mediation and settlement conferences, as part of the dispute resolution process.
With a focus on quickly understanding the nature of the legal predicament, Nicholas’ timely and practical approach helps clients to achieve the best possible outcome.