- Acted for individuals and a company in Supreme Court proceedings commenced against one of the Big Four banks and two related entities, worth in excess of $35 million, claiming amongst other things, a conflict of interest and that the bank breached its own Code of Conduct, as well as the Code of Banking Practice.
- Settled proceedings commenced by a builder against an overseas-based Sydney homeowner for progress claim payments arising from a $1.2M building contract, by successfully cross-claiming for defective workmanship and misrepresentations made by the builder.
- Acted for a luxury brands retailer opposing a Federal Court preliminary discovery application commenced by an international shoe brand, which alleged that the retailer had sold counterfeit products and that it may have a right of relief against the retailer for trademark infringement, breaches of the Australian Consumer Law or passing off.
- Representing the head veterinarian of a national sporting body in the first arbitration of the recently established National Sports Tribunal against an elite athlete, for alleged breaches of the sports body’s member protection policy and Code of Conduct.
- Acted for a private company in relation to a Supreme Court claim against a former employee for misappropriated funds, and a contemporaneous Fair Work claim against the company in the Federal Court, both of which were resolved at a Judicial Mediation (via AVL).
- Acted for the applicant in Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia proceedings alleging breach of copyright.
- Commencing proceedings on behalf of a subcontractor against a builder for unpaid payment claims in respect to the construction of multiple apartment projects and assisting in settlement of those proceedings, which included obtaining a judgment in the client’s favour.
- Acted for the liquidators of a company in proceedings commenced against the company’s directors and secretary, in relation to contraventions of directors and fiduciary duties and breaches of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), as well as the company’s solicitors in a professional negligence claim.
Areas of expertise
Senior Associate Judith Milazzo supports ClarkeKann clients across a wide range of commercial matters.
With extensive experience in commercial and corporate disputes, settlement conferences, and mediation, she specialises in effective resolution and represents clients in the Federal, Supreme, District, and Local Courts.
Clients value Judith’s personal, responsive approach and ability to deliver commercially focused outcomes. Her clients range from individuals and families to multimillion-dollar companies, owners corporations, and SMEs.
A highly driven lawyer, Judith completed her graduate program at a Big Four accountancy firm and has excelled in the legal industry, becoming a Senior Associate at ClarkeKann within three years of joining the firm.
Her case experience includes Code of Conduct and policy breaches, copyright and trademark infringement, defective work claims, insolvency, shareholder disputes, payment, strata, and professional negligence claims.